Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti.
You can cook Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 3-4 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 6 oz of mushroom diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 pkg of manicotti pasta.
- It’s 2 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti step by step
- Cook manicotti acording to package. Run cool water over it to cool quickly.
- In a large skillet cook onion and mushroom with the olive oil. Add ground beef when liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain and set aside..
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, whisk in flour until incorporated then stir in cream slowly. (3 cups is plenty but if you like it extra creamy use the fourth) Let thicken a bit..
- Add 2/3 sauce to beef mixture along with egg yolk 2/3 of the mozzarella, set the rest aside..
- A reminder to let the pasta and filling cool before trying to stuff it. It will heat back up in the oven..
- Stuff manicotti with beef mixture and lay out in baking pan. Pour remaining sauce over them. (You may need to add a bit of milk over medium heat to thin it out a bit if it has cooled) Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese..
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is golden. Let set for 5 minutes and serve..