Spicy Beef Stew. In a large pot over high heat, heat the oil and butter. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic and some salt and pepper. The Best Beef Stew Recipe: Hearty delicious stew to enjoy during the colder months.
It has the ability to satiate our body and comfort our mind. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Spray a large saucepan with veggie spray. You can cook Spicy Beef Stew using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Beef Stew
- It’s 2 lbs of stew beef.
- Prepare 1 tbs of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of sazon packet.
- Prepare 1 tbs of adobo.
- Prepare 2 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- It’s to taste of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 3-4 c of water.
- It’s 1 of med sweet potato peeled.
- It’s 2-3 of small white potatoes, peeled.
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots, peeled.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of red pepper, chopped.
- You need of Olive oil.
Heat saucepan, add meat, onion and garlic, cook over medium high heat 'til meat is brown and onion is tender. My husband and I both LOVED this stew. It was very flavorful & filling and didn't need anything else other than crusty bread to soak up the stew. I didn't use a beer but added extra beef stock instead.
Spicy Beef Stew instructions
- Season beef with red pepper, onion powder, adobo, garlic powder, sazon, soy sauce, chicken bouillon cube, oregano & olive oil. Cover & let marinade 1-2 days..
- Heat a pot over medium heat with olive oil. Add beef & brown on each side. Once beef is browned on all sides, add 3-4 c water. (I recommend putting water into marinade bowl so you don't waste marinade).You want water to cover beef. Cover pot & let beef boil 1- 1 1/2 hrs until beef is tender. Check on it occasionally, if water dries up, add more water. Once beef is tender, cut potatoes, carrots & onion..
- Add regular potatoes & carrots. Stir, add more water if needed. Let beef & potatoes simmer for 10 minutes. Then add sweet potatoes & onions, stir. After 6 minutes, add red pepper flakes, stir again. Let boil 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste & brown sugar, stir again. Let stew boil until reaching desired thickness. Serve over white rice or with bread..
I also floured the meat before cooking – it seemed to thicken up the stew. The berbere spice mix adds huge depth of flavour, thanks to its heady combination of aromatic spices such as cinnamon, cumin, cardamom and fenugreek. Zigni berbere is an Eritrean beef stew flavoured with berbere spice. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onions and next seven ingredients.