Peas, mushrooms and pasta. Penne pasta is a favorite of mine for mixing with seasonal vegetables and ingredients. For this recipe, along with the penne pasta, I use some mushrooms, peas, some chicken stock (and a couple other things) to make a very simple sauce. So simple in fact that you can make it in.
One-pot creamy chicken and mushroom pasta with peas is simple enough for a weeknight dinner but lovely enough for company — and it can definitely serve a crowd! In fact, I made it during a family beach trip this past spring. It was an easy one to pick up ingredients for when we were away from home and staying at a condo that didn't have. You can have Peas, mushrooms and pasta using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peas, mushrooms and pasta
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- It’s 8 oz of package mushrooms, sliced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of bag frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Whole grain pasta.
- It’s 2 cups of pasta water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of Locatelli Romano cheese.
Add the cream and bring to a boil. This Italian pasta with peas is a simple, creamy, and delicious one-pot dinner recipe that uses minimal ingredients. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a skillet.
Peas, mushrooms and pasta step by step
- Cook pasta according to box.
- In a saute pan add olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes and onions, saute a couple minutes and add 1/2 of the garlic, cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat. Add mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste, saute til mushrooms are cooked. Add peas and cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally..
- When pasta is done add 2 cups of the pasta water to the saute pan stir to incorporate the water. Add garlic, butter then pasta and cheese, stir and Enjoy.
Cook the pasta until it is nearly done. Saute until the onions and mushrooms are soft. Whisk in chicken stock until well blended. Drain pasta, spinach, and peas and toss with sauce. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.