Homemade potato chips. Homemade Potato Chips Tips What potatoes are the best for making chips? Fresh, firm, and non-sprouted russet potatoes are the best for making chips. Soaking the sliced potato in ice water will remove a lot of the starch content, which results in a delicious crispy chip.
A mandoline would make slicing the potato into paper thin slices a breeze. Making homestyle potato chips is fun and easy. A food processor with a slicing attachment is very helpful. You can have Homemade potato chips using 1 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade potato chips
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or thinner. I like to use olive oil because it has less trans fats, but you can use safflower, corn, or peanut oil as well as vegetable oil. Homemade potato chips are best served fresh. What to serve with homemade potato chips.
Homemade potato chips instructions
- Wash whole potatoes.
- Heat oil to 350 in deep fryer or in a pan.
- While the oil is heating slice potatoes as thin or thick as you want and place in a bowl of water, with salt and pepper in it..
- Let the sliced potatoes soak in the spiced water while your oil is warming up..
- Strain the potatoes before adding to the fryer.
- Fry until golden or as crisp as you prefer..
- Put the chips in a paper towel with any other salts or seasonings you prefer and lightly shake them to coat the chips, and it takes all the excess oil off too.
- Finally plate the chips, serve, and enjoy!!.
Serve them with a dipping sauce, such as honey mustard, dill dip, or avocado sauce. Homemade chips are crisper, fresher, and just plain better than store-bought. They're less greasy, and you can control the amount of salt. Because they haven't been lingering on a shelf, they taste more like potato. Add a homemade French Onion Dip or Buttermilk Ranch Dip and you're in potato-chip heaven.