Lemon Pepper Catfish. Sprinkle fish with salt and lemon-pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Baked Lemon Pepper Catfish makes for a delicious, quick dinner!
Now, all you are doing is basically adding some lemon pepper to your catfish and baking it up. This is perfect paired with some Onion Rings too. I feel like I share a catfish recipe every year around this time, so why don't we just make it an annual tradition. You can cook Lemon Pepper Catfish using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Pepper Catfish
- Prepare 5 of large Catfish filets.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
We have a catfish festival in our town every Summer, so once I sense the warm weather, I just get catfish on my brain, I guess. I've shared deep-fried, pan-fried, and a spicy baked version. Whisk together lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt in a shallow nonreactive dish. Add catfish and turn to coat with marinade.
Lemon Pepper Catfish instructions
- Add flour and lemon pepper to a large Ziploc bag. Seal bag and shake to mix..
- Add one filet to bag. Seal and shake to coat filet. Repeat for all filets..
- Alternatively: You can cut you fillets into bite size pieces and coat them that way. I find the kids prefer them this way. Also makes great bites for fish tacos this way..
- In a deep fryer let temperature rise to 350°F. Deep fry filet one at a time for 4 minutes, and they start to turn golden..
- If you deep fryer is large enough you can do more than one. But do not let filets touch while cooking..
Salt and pepper both sides of catfish fillets. Top vegetables with catfish fillets, sprinkle with smoked paprika and Old Bay seasoning. Take the catfish and coat both sides of it in the butter/lemon mixture, place it in the dish and sprinkle with the lemon pepper seasoning. How does this food fit into your daily goals? This recipe is versatile–just change the spice mixture to create a different flavor.