Orange Chicken. Orange Chicken A delicious make-at-home version of a Chinese takeout favorite! Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. For the sauce: Meanwhile, put the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic and.
Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, tapping off any excess. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat ¼'' oil. Fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy. You can cook Orange Chicken using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken
- Prepare of Battered Chicken.
- Prepare 2 large of chicken breast.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 5 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of orange purée.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
Get delicious and easy Orange Chicken Recipes from the chefs at Food Network. To make this easy orange chicken recipe, the bite-size chicken gets tossed in a simple breading then is baked and broiled to crispy perfection then is bathed in the most-lick-the-plate alluring, multidimensional orange sauce ever! Tools used in the making of this Panda Express Orange Chicken: Wok: The best way to cook quickly and over high heat for Asian dishes, this wok is the perfect stir fry pan. Sriracha: Quite possibly the king of all pre-made hot sauces as far as I'm concerned.
Orange Chicken instructions
- Heat oil for deep frying in wok or deep fryer to 375°F.
- 1 Cut chicken pieces into 2-inch squares and place in large bowl..
- Stir in egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
- Stir cornstarch and flour together. Then, add chicken pieces, stirring to coat..
- Add chicken pieces to hot oil, small batch at a time, fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and chrisp. ( Do not overcook or chicken will be tough.).
- Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- For the sauce, add sesame oil and the garlic to large frying pan or wok. Simmer and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add all ingredients for sauce and heat while stirring for 2-4 minutes until bubbling and slightly thickened..
- Add chicken and stir until fully coated. Sauce will thicken further while cooling..
Adds heat without overwhelming you and can be used in almost every cuisine. Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside. FOR THE SAUCE: In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar and orange zest. This orange chicken is a Panda Express copycat recipe with crispy chicken in a sweet and tangy orange sauce. My version tastes just as good as the restaurant version and is easy to make at home!