Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach. A recipe for quick and easy creamy orzo pasta made with spinach and Parmesan cheese. It's a perfect vegetarian dinner or simple side side. Stir and press out any liquid you can, then stir the partially-thawed spinach directly into the orzo with the Parmesan.
Make the meatballs ahead and freeze for a quick weeknight meal whenever you need one. Once shaped, the meatballs go into a soup with orzo and lots of baby spinach. Creamy Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Spinach. You can cook Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 pound of ground turkey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 8 oz of orzo pasta.
- You need 8 oz of fresh baby spinach.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lemon.
Made without a drop of cream, this Mushroom and Spinach Orzo is made in one pot! Easy and fast to make, packed with nutrition (A grade), and so creamy! Did I mention this Mushroom and Spinach Orzo is all made in one pan? Here it is, straight off the stove.
Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach instructions
- Sauté the finely minced garlic in olive oil for a minute, stirring.
- Add the ground turkey, cook and break apart with a spatula..
- Add the wine and cook a couple minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the spices, chicken broth and pasta. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Cover the pot and let cook 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to your liking…stirring occasionally. Taste to see that your pasta is cooked and the liquid isn’t completely evaporated. Add more chicken broth or a little milk so you have a creamy sauce. (Like a risotto).
- Add the spinach and cook a minute until the spinach wilts down. Take the pot off the heat and stir in the butter, Parmesan and lemon juice..
- Serve and enjoy! Bon appetite.
Oh wait, all those mushrooms are in the. This colorful pasta dish is a quick weeknight meal. This crowd-pleasing recipe makes a delicious side dish for four people. Our take on the classic creamed spinach side dish uses fresh spinach and cream cheese as a thickener. It's a crowd pleasing recipe that's popular with both.