Jerk chicken soup. That's usually the question I get when I talk about this recipe. Jerk Turkey Slow Cooker Soup from Weight. Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat.
Even though it's mild it's still turns out. Read about Campbell's Chunky Jammin' Jerk Chicken with Rice & Beans Soup ingredients, nutrition facts and full description. The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! You can cook Jerk chicken soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk chicken soup
- You need 5 of small boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet potato.
- You need 3/4 of a yellow onion.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 of a green pepper.
- Prepare Spoonful of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Jamacian jerk seasoning.
- You need of Garlic salt.
- You need 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk (unsweetened).
- It’s Can of red kidney beans, drained.
- You need 8.5 oz of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 of bullion cube.
It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. This jerk chicken recipe is from Paul Chung, who grew up in Jamaica and sampled jerk throughout the island. It's fragrant, fiery hot and smoky all at. Caribbean jerk chicken full of flavor and and a good amount of heat, using habaneros (or scotch bonnet chili peppers) and allspice.
Jerk chicken soup instructions
- Put 6 cups of chicken broth, 8 cups of water, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, bullion cube, 1/2 tsp black pepper & 3-5 shakes of jerk seasoning into pot, let boil..
- While your waiting for broth to boil, rinse off chicken & pat dry. Sprinkle garlic salt & a generous amount of jerk seasoning onto chicken. Flip over & repeat..
- Once mixture is boiling (med high ish) add chicken, beans & corn. Partially cover & let cook 20 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, drizzle olive oil onto pan & put on medium heat. Dice onion & green pepper add to pan. Spoon garlic into mixture. Peel & dice sweet potato, add to pan stirring occasionally..
- Once 20 minutes is up, add vegetable mixture and remove chicken onto cutting board..
- Shred chicken & add back to pot. Add a few more shakes of jerk seasoning to pot. Let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, partially covered..
Make jerk chicken in oven or grill. Keywords: Jamaican jerk chicken soup, Crock Pot Chicken Soup, Spicy Chicken Soup, Crock Pot Jamaican Chicken Soup. This jerk chicken recipe from Delish.com is a great alternative to traditional American barbecued chicken. With the perfect combination of sweetness and spice, it's sure to be. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles is next level.