Chicken Marsala. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. For an Italian favorite, try Tyler Florence's Chicken Marsala recipe, a flavorful meal of mushrooms, prosciutto and Marsala wine over tender chicken. Chicken Marsala in a deliciously creamy mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant!
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish of golden pan-fried chicken cutlets and mushrooms in a rich Marsala wine sauce. Though it's a classic restaurant dish, it's really easy to make at home. Partnered together and paired with the right ingredients, creamy chicken Marsala at home is a stunningly simple supper staple. You can cook Chicken Marsala using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Marsala
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 2 sprigs of thyme.
- It’s 1 cup of Marsala wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 6 oz of Mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Chicken Marsala has a creamy indulgent sauce that makes it the perfect pasta topping. Put this on top of rice, egg noodles, Risotto, or pasta for the ultimate comfort meal.
Chicken Marsala instructions
- Pound chicken thin. Season with Salt and pepper an dredge in flour.
- Sauté chicken in olive oil and butter til golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in oven.
- Add some more olive oil to pan and add mushrooms. After abt 5 minutes add minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the chicken broth and thyme..
- Cook for about 5 minutes add chicken to pan and squeeze lemon juice into pan..
- Taste sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until chicken is done and the sauce has thickened slightly. If to thick add some more broth..
- Serve with Angel hair pasta or Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes..
Or pair it up with veggies like zucchini, cauliflower, mashed potatoes, or a side of caprese salad. Chicken Marsala with a creamy sauce! This classic Italian-American chicken recipe includes tender, perfectly pan seared chicken cutlets, and flavor enhancing browned mushrooms, and it's all covered with a richly seasoned marsala wine, garlic and herb sauce. This Chicken Marsala inspired by a recipe from Olive Garden is no exception. While chicken marsala itself might not be found in many restaurants in Italy, it is an Italian-inspired dish and can be found in many Italian restaurants here in the US.