Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta. How Spicy is this Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Polenta? I wanted this dish to be spicy because lately I have been craving heat. It is at this moment I totally realize I'm my father's daughter.
Serve shrimp over polenta and garnish with remaining green onion greens. Transfer shrimp and their juices to a bowl, then add crushed tomatoes to the skillet, along with garlic and salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until hot. You can cook Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta
- You need 1 lb of bag of frozen shrimp (I used jumbo shrimp) thawed and peeled.
- Prepare 3 of large tomatoes seeded and diced.
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos seeded and diced small.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper seeded and diced.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped finely.
- You need 1 of celery stalk finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of either chicken broth.
- It’s of Spice mixture: 1/2tsp chili powder, 1/2tsp paprika, 1/2tsp ground cumin, 1/4tsp cayenne pepper, 1tsp kosher salt, 1tsp feshly ground black pepper (note: spices can be adjusted to your preference.).
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of oil for sauteing (I used olive oil).
- Prepare of Chopped parsley or cilantro to garnish.
Pour polenta into boiling mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until polenta thickens, approx. Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add shrimp to the skillet. Cook until the shrimp turn pale white and remove from heat.
Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta instructions
- Prep all you ingredients first. Chop all the vegetables, peel and clean your shrimp, blend the spices together. Season the shrimp with about half of the spice mixture..
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Once hot add the shrimp and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side and remove from pan (they will finish cooking when you add them to the sauce later.) Next reduce heat to medium and add the onion, celery, and jalapenos to the same pan. Use a little more oil to saute if needed. With a wooden spatula scrape the pan to get any brown bits mixed in. When this starts to soften add the garlic and cook for a minute then stir in tomato paste..
- Once the tomato paste has been mixed in well add the tomatoes, green peppers, and the rest of the spice mixture. Give that a stir and add the chicken broth. If it seems to thick you can add more liquid..
- Let this cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Just until the peppers are soft but still have a bite to them. Turn heat off and add the shrimp in. Give a good stir and your ready to serve. Garnish with fresh herbs..
You can never have too many recipes for shrimp and grits! Bring to a boil and slowly whisk in polenta. Once all the polenta has been added turn the. Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Polenta Recipe by Nutmeg Nanny. The Best Shrimp With Polenta Recipes on Yummly