Salmon Croquets. Over medium heat, heat oil in a medium skillet. Form into patties and dust with additional bread crumbs. Salmon Croquettes are pan fried and packed with so many great flavors.
For some more easy salmon recipes, be sure to make: Garlic Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon, Sheet Pan Thai Salmon, or this Baked… Over medium heat, heat oil in a medium skillet. Form into patties and dust with additional bread crumbs. Southern Salmon Croquettes Salmon Croquettes are a southern classic! You can cook Salmon Croquets using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon Croquets
- Prepare 1 can of pink salmon.
- You need 1 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn meal mix.
Full of salmon, peppers, onions and seasoning, this versatile dish is sure to be loved by all! Some might even refer to them as salmon cakes or a salmon patty, like a crab cake, but with salmon! Make sure you PIN Salmon Patties! Like crab cakes, seasoning is everything for.
Salmon Croquets step by step
- Flake salmon using a fork..
- Add egg and corn meal mix..
- Stir to combine..
- Using an ice cream scoop, form the salmon mixture into balls. Smooth with your hands. Place on parchment lined tray..
- Place tray in freezer for 30 minutes..
- Preheat deep fryer to 350..
- Fry balls 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and floating to the top of the oil..
- Makes 9 croquets..
Salmon croquettes are basically a southern version of a salmon cake or salmon patty. It can be fried or baked. The contents are usually canned salmon though there are quite a few newer recipes that use fresh salmon that has been either chopped finely or ground to mold into patties. Salmon croquettes are delicious and easy to fix. Great for a quick dinner and even cold on salad the next day!