Creamy Turnip Leek Soup. Great soup to start a meal with, or as a stand alone meal. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil; cook leeks and onions until soft. Blend until smooth in food processor or blender.
Looking for a delicious soup for a chilly winter day? Grab some turnips, potatoes, and your slow cooker and prepare to be impressed with the results. Are you guys ready for the most simple soup of all time? You can cook Creamy Turnip Leek Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Turnip Leek Soup
- You need of Vegetables and cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced leek.
- It’s 1 pound of turnip roots.
- It’s To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of lime just the juice.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s of Liquids.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream.
Creamy Leek And Mushroom Soup Laced With Stilton Cheese. Leek And Carrots Soups With Croutons. This soup is creamy and rich and can be served either hot/warm or chilled. The flavor of the turnips is undeniable, I topped the soup with bacon and The soup is made with young leeks, and turnips, very simple and straightforward, no butter only a little heavy cream to soften the sharpness of the.
Creamy Turnip Leek Soup instructions
- Sauté the turnip roots.
- Wash, peel, and dice the turnip roots. Really wash the leeks very well it holds lots of sand. Add to the turnip roots with the parsley..
- Add the broth, butter, season, and bring to a boil then a simmer. Cover simmer 30 minutes. Then add the cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well simmer 10 minutes and let rest..
- Serve with a little shredded Parmesan cheese..
This is an easy-to-make recipe for creamy turnip soup that brings tons of flavor and warmth to cold fall and winter This soup could not be easier to make. Wash sliced leeks in a large bowl of cold water, agitating them, then lift out and drain well in a colander. Learn how to make Creamy Turnip Soup. And we know, turnips may not be the most popular root vegetable, but when cooked with leeks and cream, they make a wonderfully creamy soup. Leek and Turnip Soup: How to Make Leek and Turnip Soup Puree in a Blender Blending vegetables into soup is one of the strangest cooking techniques I've ever.