Ricotta and orange fritters with honey. Whisk in the milk, mint and orange zest and set aside. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder. These mouthwatering fritters are golden brown outside, soft and cake-like inside, and have a lovely citrusy and creamy flavor from the classic duo: lemon ricotta.
Combine the honey, orange zest, salt, and chili flakes in a small saucepan. Simmer on low and keep warm. In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla bean caviar. You can have Ricotta and orange fritters with honey using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ricotta and orange fritters with honey
- You need 250 grams of ricotta.
- Prepare 1 of orange – zest.
- You need 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of flour (if you use plain you need to add 1tsp baking powder).
- It’s 1 of orange juice (to make batter the right consistency).
- It’s 1 of oil to deep fry – I ONLY use Rice Bran Oil.
In a second larger bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the wet mixture into the dry and stir until combined. Combine ricotta, chocolate, sugar, liqueur, egg, egg mixture and orange rind in a bowl and mix until smooth, add flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Whisk together egg and granulated sugar, then whisk in zest, juice, ricotta, flour, and salt until just combined.
Ricotta and orange fritters with honey instructions
- Grate the zest of one orange and squeeze the juice.
- Mix ricotta, sugar, flour, egg, zest and juice of the Orange together in a bowl.
- The mix will be fairly dry so add orange juice until the mixture resembles a thick batter.
- Heat your oil and drop teaspoon full amounts of the mix into the hot oil….I use a deep fryer for mine and set the temp at 170°C so that the insides cook through. I only use RICE BRAN OIL when I am cooking as it has a high smoke point, which means it does not burn (unlike olive oil and other oils) and is NOT carcinogenic at high temps.
- When the balls are golden brown/blonde brown remove them from the oil.
- Drizzle honey over a pile of fritters and you can sprinkle icing sugar over the top….if you have some extra ricotta you can dollop some onto the fritters AND you can also serve with some candied orange zest (I didn't have any in my humble kitchen).
The Best Ricotta Cheese With Honey Recipes on Yummly Honey Ricotta Dip, Warmed Ricotta With Apricots And Honey, Holiday Cheese Board With Sage Honey Ricotta. Pile the fritters onto individual plates or a share plate and drizzle over the warmed honey. Followed by the orange strips and some of the syrup on top of the ricotta and serve with fresh orange. Ricotta and goat cheese are whipped together with some sugar and flour to form a heavy batter and then dropped into a vat of hot oil to become better versions of themselves.