Lee's Creamy Potato Soup. Tips for Perfect Creamy Potato Soup. Nothing worse than biting into a crisp, raw-inside chunk of potato! To make this soup nice and.
This easy to make potato soup is the creamiest I've ever had thanks to a few things: Create a roux out of the bacon grease. Creamy Potato Soup – AMAZING simple comfort food made without cream-of-anything soups. The soup should start out very thick and eventually thin out as you add milk. You can have Lee's Creamy Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lee's Creamy Potato Soup
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Butter.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 Cup of Celery Stalks (small dice).
- Prepare 1 of Small Yellow Onion (small dice).
- It’s 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 5 Cups of Medium Diced Russet Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Carton.(32oz) Low Sodium Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- You need 1 Cup of Half and Half Cream.
- It’s of Corn Starch Slurry.
- You need 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need To Taste of Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Chopped Celery Tops (green leaves).
Add the potatoes, and add chicken broth as needed to achieve the right consistency. When I was a kid, my mom made a potato soup for us that was very much like this one. I always LOVED her soup, and one day, I asked her what made it so delicious. How to Make Creamy Potato Soup from Scratch.
Lee's Creamy Potato Soup instructions
- In a 6 quartl stock pot, sauté celery and onion in butter and olive oil until just tender. 5-7 minutes. Add garlic towards the end..
- Add diced potatoes, chicken stock, and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are fork tender. 13-15 minutes Do not bring to a full boil. Note: This is the time to season with salt..
- When potatoes are fork tender, add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Then add cornstarch slurry. (1/4 Cup warm water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch well blended) Bring back to a simmer..
- Add cheese a little at a time and allow to fully melt. Use a simple hand held potato masher to get the consistency you want. Note: I do not recommend using a blender to get a smooth soup. It will turn into a glue. Yuck. A food mill or potato ricer is a much better option..
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Add chopped celery leaves and enjoy. Garnish with bacon bits, sour cream, chives etc..
We've already shared our Sausage and Potato Soup with you. We use Yukon Gold potatoes to make mashed potatoes, too. If you cannot find them, baby red or white potatoes, as well as russet potatoes, will work. This creamy potato soup is quick and easy to prepare. Made with red potatoes, bacon, and cheddar cheese it is filled with everyone's favorite ingredients.