Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast. Serve shrimp over polenta and garnish with remaining green onion greens. Made with fresh shrimp, spicy tomatoes and creamy cheesy polenta. Although I normally consider grits something I eat for breakfast (with lots of butter and salt and occasionally some brown sugar) and polenta something I eat as a side with my dinner.
This Italian-style, "shrimp and grits" approaches the popular pairing from a Mediterranean point of view with tomatoes and herbs instead of cheese and cream in the driver's seat. Polenta and Shrimp With Creamy Tomato Sauce. Transfer shrimp and their juices to a bowl, then add crushed tomatoes to the skillet, along with garlic and salt to taste. You can have Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast
- Prepare of For the shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of lg shrimp, peeled, deveined, & butterflied.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare Squeeze of lemon juice.
- It’s of For the polenta.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, deseeded, and minced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of fine ground cornmeal.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare Touch of Cajun spice.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s of Louisiana hot sauce.
- You need of More shredded cheddar cheese to put on top of polenta.
Pour polenta into boiling mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until polenta thickens. Three months before, we had Leah over for a dinner much like this one. Comfort food to the max, this roasted tomato shrimp and polenta is also easy to put together and makes for easy entertaining.
Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast instructions
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pot. Add a touch of oil. Saute on medium low heat onion, jalapeño, and garlic until onions become translucent..
- Meanwhile, heat a LG non stick frying pan on medium heat. Add butter. When butter clarifies, add shrimp and Cajun spices. Saute 1 1/2 minutes. The butter will brown. Stir constantly. Add wine and lemon juice. Reduce liquid almost completely. Remove shrimp to a bowl and pour all of the pan sauce over the top. Wash pan to reuse..
- Once onion is sweated out, add water, milk, cajun spice, and chicken bouillon to the pot. Slowly bring to a boil..
- While this is happening, fry 2 eggs to your liking. I go Sunnyside up so the yolk soaks down onto the polenta..
- When pot is boiling slowly whisk in cornmeal. Stir constantly until polenta is soft and smooth without lumps..
- Plate polenta. Top with more cheese. Arrange shrimp around the outside. Top with eggs. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
The Best Polenta Breakfast Recipes on Yummly Breakfast Polenta, Breakfast Polenta, Breakfast Creamy Breakfast PolentaIris and Honey. yellow cornmeal, cinnamon, milk, peach Spinach Smoothie Recipes. Garlic Shrimp In Yogurt Sauce Recipes. Forget all the rules you've heard about polenta. What's really important is using the right ratio of liquid to cornmeal and cooking the There are a lot of rules people say you need to follow to make polenta, like using a wooden spoon, stirring in only one direction, adding.