Fried Chicken Wontons. Chicken Wontons – The best and easiest fried chicken wontons ever! Super crispy & yummy recipe to make at home. A wonton is a dumpling with a meat or vegetable filling inside.
Wonton wrappers can be bought at most major grocery stores, typically in the refrigerated section. Connect the two lower points of the wrapper and moisten to seal and make a hat shape. Repeat with remaining chicken and wonton wrappers. You can cook Fried Chicken Wontons using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Wontons
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese softened (or room temp).
- You need 1 large of cooked chicken breast chopped in small dice.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion chopped finely.
- It’s 1 packages of wonton wrappers.
- You need 5 of green onions chopped.
- It’s 1 of bottle La Choy Teriyaki marinade sauce.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Wonton wrappers; Cooking oil; How To Make Chinese Fried Wontons – Step By Step. In a large bowl, add the meat, ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, oyster sauce, curry powder and kale and mix well to combine. To make the egg wash, in a small bowl, add the water and egg and whisk with a fork. You can fold these wontons any way you like.
Fried Chicken Wontons step by step
- Cook your chicken breast in frying pan on low heat with about 1/4 cup of water. Cover. Turn chicken a couple times during cooking until cooked through. Take chicken from pan and place on your cutting board to cool. When chicken is cooled go ahead and chop into a small dice..
- Take a 1/2 of a red onion and chop finely.
- In a medium bowl add your softened cream cheese, diced chicken and onion. Stir until mixed through..
- On a medium cutting board lay out about 8-10 wonton wrappers. Pointed edge up. (like a diamond shape♢).
- Drop about a teaspoon of filling mixture in the center of the wonton. (Be sure to not over stuff wonton because it may burst open during cooking).
- Take a small bowl and fill it will about 1/4 cup of water. Dip your index finger into water. You then run your wet finger down all sides of the wonton. Slowly fold up wonton to look like a triangle. Gently press sides down making sure they are tightly sealed. Repeat this until all cream cheese filling is gone..
- Preheat your deep fryer. Or you could use a large deep heavy pan filling it about half way with vegetable or canola oil. Heat oil to about 350°-375°degrees..
- With a fryer spoon slowly add 4 wontons at a time to fryer oil. Turn wontons frequently. Remove wontons from frying oil when they reach a rich golden brown..
- Lay wontons on a large plate lined with paper towel..
- When wontons are all cooked serve on a fresh plate with chopped green onion scallions and drizzle with La Choy Teriaki..
I've provided instructions below to fold them as shown in these photos, but you can also simply fold the wrapper over to make a triangle shape if that's easier. Pre-soak the mushrooms if using dried shiitake mushrooms (then squeeze any water from the mushrooms and reserve the soaking liquid–if using fresh mushrooms, skip this step). Remove the mushroom stems and dice them into ½" cubes. Crispy Fried Chicken Wontons is a delicious Chinese recipe made using minced chicken, spring onions, eggs and wonton wrappers. This snack recipe is a must try dish on special occassions.