Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice. Make homemade Japanese curry roux – You can buy an S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix (no meat contained) and use the half box for this recipe, but I highly recommend making the roux from scratch at home! Cook the ingredients in stages – Divide your ingredients into dense vegetables, tender vegetables, and mushrooms, and cook them in stages. Japanese Vegetarian Curry is a recipe requested by a reader.
We love making Japanese curry, and we've had several iterations of Vegan Japanese Curry here on Vegan Miam. This vegan Japanese curry is a more traditional take on our popular Japanese Kabocha Curry recipe. We've substituted potatoes for the slightly seasonal kabocha squash, making this a more accessible and year-round vegan Japanese curry. You can cook Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice
- You need of POUNDED PASTE.
- You need 1 tbsp of dice shallots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dice garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of green apples.
- It’s 1/2 small of carrots.
- It’s of VEGETABLE OPTION.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 3 cup of okra.
- You need 1 of red apple.
- You need 1/2 of green apple.
- It’s 1 small of carrot.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika or chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
Curry was introduced to Japan by the first Japanese sent overseas to learn the Western ways. Of course, they have taken it and made it their own. When I made the Basic Curry Rice, some people asked me for the vegetarian version, so I decided to make this video. Vegan Japanese curry is a thick, stew-like dish with chunky vegetables and slightly sweet undertones.
Vegetarian Japanese Curry Rice instructions
- Pound ginger ,garlic and shallot with green apple and carrot.
- With butter saute onion then add pounded paste ,continue to stir fry for few minutes in low heat till its almist dried and lightly brown but not burn.
- Add curry powder with sweet paprika or fine chili powder and stir fry till its mix well and then add flour then stir fry starting to dry for about 2 minutes.
- Add okra , apple and carrot with 1cup of any stock then stir fry gently to mix ( do not over stir okra as it will cause this dish to be slimmy ) then then cover lid and simmer in low heat for 10 minute.
- Season with salt then simmer another 2 minute then off heat and serve with white rice.
- BELOW,ARE FEW OF MY CURRY RECIPE,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334328-halibut-fish-curry.
Mochi is a traditional Japanese rice cake made with glutinous rice (also called sticky rice or sweet rice), most. This recipe captures a classic Japanese curry, complete with juicy pieces of chicken, tender nubbins of carrot, sweet peas, and silky chunks of potato, but it's seasoned with a homemade spice blend that's way better than what comes out of a tin. Commonly used ingredients for Japanese rice curry are meats such as chicken, beef, pork, or sea food like prawn, as well as potato, onion and carrot. When different ingredients are used, the curry is named after that special ingredient, for example, mushroom curry or summer vegetable curry, etc. If you're new to Japanese cooking, this is a great recipe to try, as it uses a pre-made store-bought curry roux to simmer up vegetables in a Japanese eggplant curry.