Thai Curry Beef. Spoon coconut cream (thick layer at top of can) into a large skillet; stir in curry paste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add remaining coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, and red pepper; bring to a boil.
As I didn't have any on hand I used a store bought one to save time and I have to say Thai Kitchen does do a good paste. Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a large wok until it sizzles. I could seriously go for a bowlful of this stuff rather than the ultra-glamorous PB&J sandwich I'm chomping on because of dental work I had done a few hours ago. You can have Thai Curry Beef using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Curry Beef
- You need 2 lb of shirt steak, cut into strips.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 3 of carrots cut into 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut aminos.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 20 of Thai basil leaves.
Like all the best things in the world, this Thai curry recipe is quick and easy to whip up. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. It is a type of red Thai curry that is salty and sweet, with a nutty peanut flavor. The name of the curry – Panang/Phanaeng, originates from my hometown, the beautiful island of Penang on the west coast of Malaysia.
Thai Curry Beef step by step
- In wok or large frying pan, melt ghee over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown on all sides, about 7 minutes. Remove and set aside meat, add onions and carrots and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Return meat and add curry paste, stirring to coat. Pour in coconut milk and stir until uniformly red. Add aminos and fish sauce; stir and reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Before serving add, Thai basil and stir to wilt. Serve over cauliflower rice..
And in most Thai restaurants, beef is the most famous choice, best suited for a Panang curry. Turn the slow cooker to High. Heat the paste for a few mins, then add the beef and all the remaining ingredients, apart from the remaining coriander and lime juice. Thai Beef with Red Curry is literally exploding with flavor. The slow simmer on the beef makes it over-the-top tender.