Bitterballen. Dutch Meatballs (Bitterballen) are a classic Dutch bar snack. Bitterballen, one of Holland's favorite snacks, are bite-size beef and gravy croquettes usually served along. Bitterballen are a popular deep-fried bar snack in the Netherlands and Belgium.
The Bitterball is a real Dutch snack. The bitterballen are small fried balls of beef ragout. They're one of the Netherlands favorite snacks. You can cook Bitterballen using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bitterballen
- You need 1 of chicken breast.
- You need 10 of shallot.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 250 gr of flour.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- It’s of Celery.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
Despite the fancy name, making the bitterballen is actually very easy! Dutch Meatballs (Bitterballen) Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Authentic bitterballen need a nice pure beef/meat ragout, onions garlic etc, not chunks of quick cooked beef. Bitterballen, also called Dutch dippers, are a traditional staple of Dutch cuisine.
- Boil the chicken breast then cut into small pieces.
- Boil the carrots then cut into small pieces.
- Sift the flour before roasting it, then sift again..
- Blend onions, pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Then sauteed with margarine until it turns to golden brown..
- Next, put the chicken carrots, celery and pour a little of chicken broth..
- Add the flour little by little and keep stirring up the dough until it turns to thick roux..
- If you satisfy with the taste, turn off the stove, let it cool..
- Beat the egg, prepare the bread crumb and preheat the oil..
- When the roux cools, make a ball with any size you like. Dip in the egg, roll in in the bread crumbs (do this step twice to get a thicker skin)..
- Next, deep fry the bitterballen..
- Optional sauce: tomato sauce, mustard, mayonaise, cheese..
The bitterballen are then deep fried in fat or oil until crisp and brown and served hot. Bitterballen are a peculiar type of Dutch meatball, generally eaten to soak up large quantities of beer. These crispy, fried delicacies traditionally contain molten beef and a. Bitterballen.net is dé snack site van Nederland, met recepten om zelf de lekkerste snacks te maken, zoals frikandellen, kroketten, bamischijf, en de loempia. Bitterballen (plural of bitterbal) are a Dutch meat-based snack, typically containing a mixture of beef or veal (minced or chopped).