Asian beef tacos. FOR THE KOREAN BEEF: In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. I'm with Karen Olson-Russell: great and super-easy.
Add the cabbage and carrot and toss to combine. Add the steak and turn to coat. This Asian Beef Tacos recipe is more of an Asian-Mexican fusion idea than authentic Asian food. You can cook Asian beef tacos using 34 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian beef tacos
- You need of Asian braised beef.
- You need 5 lb of tenderloin chain or chuck roast.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of 5 spice.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of korean chile flake.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 3 tbsp of garlic,minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 2 each of star anise.
- It’s 12 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seasme oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sriracha.
- It’s of Sriracha aioli.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Sriracha.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot mustard.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 16 oz of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need of Pickled daikon.
- You need 1 of daikon root peeled.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- You need 6 of pepper corns.
But even though I can't claim regional authenticity, I will claim that it's delicious. Especially if you top your Asian Beef Taco with cool sour cream, crisp cucumber slaw, and spicy Sriracha to seal the deal. Add the beef and turn to coat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender and shreds easily.
Asian beef tacos instructions
- Asian beef preheat oven to 380 cut beef into large cubes. add all braising ingredients together in a deep baking dish and cover with foil..
- braise beef in oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Sriracha Aioli place all aioli ingredients except olive oil in a blender. blend well for about 2 min.
- turn blender on high and slowly pour olive oil into blender this will create an emulsion, forming our aioli. when finished place in sqeeze bottle and place in cooler.
- Diakon pickles take peeled diakon and slice into rounds at about an 8th of an in. once sliced place in large mixing bowl and place aside.
- combine all other pickling ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil..
- once boiling, pour over sliced diakon and place in cooler for at least an hour.
- remove taco meat from oven after 2 1/2 hours peel back foil by now most of the liquid has evaporated turning into our taco sauce.
- using a pair of tongs break up meat. now you should have saucy shredded beef.
- plating i use corn tortillas tossed in the oven for a min. then place taco meat, pickled daikon, drizzle with sriracha aioli and top with micro cilantro serve with lime.
Season sizzle steak strips with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the beef to the bowl and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Meanwhile, prepare a hot fire in a grill.