Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies#. Eggplant Tofu Claypot is a common veggie dish in Chinese restaurant that goes well with rice or any entree. The reason of using a claypot is to preserve the. Chinese eggplant tofu clay pot recipe Ingredients: eggplant tofu minced pork green bell pepper red bell pepper ginger chopped scallions chopped garlic.
One of the representatives of Sichuan cuisine is Sichuan eggplant, or Yu Xiang Qie Zi(鱼香茄子in Chinese). "鱼香" actually means Fish-Fragrant, is a kind of flavor which is. Sichuan eggplant stir fry, or yú xiāng eggplant (鱼香茄子), is one of those under-appreciated real-deal Sichuan dishes that deserves more attention. Throughout the years, whenever I took a foreign friend or colleague to a Sichuan restaurant in Beijing, this stir fry was always one of the most popular dishes on. You can cook Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies# using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies#
- Prepare 3 of Chinese long eggplants, cut into 1 inch sticks.
- It’s 1/2 pack of extra firm tofu, sliced.
- You need 1 of potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mushroom, sliced (optional).
- You need 3 of baby sweet bell peppers, sliced into thin strips.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Basil.
- You need 3 stalks of green Onion.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of tamari.
- You need 1 Tsp of Pixian fermented bean paste.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of galangal, minced(optional).
Get the recipe for Eggplant and Tofu Stir-Fry. Stewed Eggplant with Minced Pork and Salted Fish in Claypot 渔香茄子煲. This tofu dish is everyday Chinese home cooked food and easy to prepare. Saute the onion and garlic with vegetable oil until they become fragrant. 鱼香茄子煲 – most famous szechuan dish claypot with fish fragrant eggplants – Picture of China Restaurant Yung, Frankfurt.
Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲🍆#veggies# step by step
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch sticks and soak them in salt water. (It reduces the oil required for sauté).
- While eggplant is soaking. Pan fry extra firm tofu in a flat pan. If you struggling with the sticky issue, nonstick pan can be used for this job. Seal tofu until golden brown..
- In a cast iron wok, sauté garlic, bell peppers and galangal in oil until aromatic. Add pan seared tofu and squeeze dried eggplant. Sauté on medium heat..
- Mix tamari sauce and Pixian fermented bean paste in 1 cup of hot water. Pour into the wok. Stir until the sauce well coated everything and allow it to cook on high heat to reduce liquid. If eggplant is not soft and not tranlucent add more hot water if needed..
- On a Clay pot, heat up 2 tsp sesame oil and sliced green Onion sauté until aromatic..
- Transfer all veggies into the Clay pot and bring it to a boil again. Add finishing herbs, Basil and cilantro right before serving. Serve in the Clay pot..
Spicy Sichuan eggplant is also known as fish fragrant eggplant which translated into Chinese is Yu Xiang eggplant (Chinese: 魚香茄子). Yu means fish in Chinese, Xiang means fragrant/aroma. But this dish has nothing to do with fish at all. It's called "fish fragrant/Yu Xiang" because the ingredients for. You may use any seasonal vegetables available at your market.