Crab or beef wontons. Wontons are flour-based wrappers filled with various meat and vegetable mixtures and then deep fried until crispy. Ground beef wontons are an easy appetizer to make at home, but can also be enjoyed as a meal or even a snack. "Wonton plates" are often sold as a meal with rice, salad, and tsukemono (pickles). Wontons are also a popular food item at Japanese obon festivals in the West, a.
This easy recipe is a go-to at any Chinese restaurant but it's also super easy to make at home! We love to dip our Crab Rangoon in a simple sweet and sour dip (just like our fave restaurant) for maximum flavor! In more traditional family restaurants crab rangoon is made with actual crab meat but in traditional Chinese takeout restaurants it is a mixture of imitation crab meat with cream cheese, garlic, Worchestershire sauce and wonton skins deep fried and served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce. You can cook Crab or beef wontons using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab or beef wontons
- Prepare 2 packages of wonton wrappers.
- You need 2 packages of cream cheese..softened.
- It’s 1 lb of fresh cooked crab..in pieces for the crab wontons.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- You need 1 lb of if making beef ones than use stew meat or steak cut in small pieces.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil…your choice.
- Prepare 1 of cocktail sauce for dipping seafood wraps.
- Prepare 1 of hot mustard or ranch for steak wraps.
Try this ground beef wontons with green onion recipe if you want some Chinese comfort food which is sure to put a smile on your face. Make a Few or a Batch. Assemble the wontons: Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface. Dip your finger in a bowl of water and then rub edges of the wonton wrapper to dampen.
Crab or beef wontons step by step
- For beef. Cook in pan cut in small pieces.
- Add meat to cream cheese and diced grn onions in bowl.
- Add salt and pepper mix well.
- Now for the fun part lay out wonton wrappers on counter add a small amount to middle of wrapper.
- This should be step 6 After you have all wraps folded I recommend if doing layers on plate seperate with papertowels fry in oil in pan or deep fryer til golden brown.
- This should be step 5 sorry new to this Now fold like an envelope sealing with fingers and water covering all edges so it sticks.
- Set on papertowels to drain.
- If using crab instead ( shrimp works too) its the same steps add all ingredients …wrap….fry.
- Use dipping sauces and enjoy….
Mix all the cream cheese, crab meat, sugar, and salt in a bowl. In a bowl, mix the ground pork, shrimp, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper together. Stir to combine well to form a sticky filling. This will help crisp up the bottoms! Lightly spray the tops of the crab rangoon with cooking oil.