Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops. Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops I love these pork chops. You can season your flour with any spices you like. These are great with creamed potatoes and homemade milk gravy.
They are so simple, but so delicious. Serve them for lunch or for dinner with lots of sides for a real feast. Only salt and pepper are used to season them, but you won't believe how much flavor they have. You can have Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops
- It’s 8 of Bone in or boneless Pork Chops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper (I like the course grind myself).
- It’s of Egg or eggs beaten with cup or more milk. See note.
- It’s 1 of Cajun seasoning of your choice (optional).
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
- Prepare of Note: Depending on number of pork chops, use enough egg and milk.
- It’s of To dip chops in before dredging. May use 1 egg and less milk if.
- You need of Using smaller amount of chops.
Arrange the pork chops in a large shallow dish. Season each pork chop, on both sides, with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and celery seeds. Pour the buttermilk over the chops and turn to coat. Place flour into a large shallow dish.
Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops instructions
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper to combine well..
- Heat a deep skillet or deep fryer with enough oil to cover pork chops. You can also just pan fry these and flip when golden brown on one side..
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning(if using) on the pork chops on both sides..
- Dredge the coated chops in flour mixture..
- Beat the egg with milk or water and dip pork chop to coat both sides and return to flour mixture and evenly coat both sides well..
- Place battered pork chops on a cooling rack or baking sheet and let set to room temperature to let coating set. This helps keep the crust from falling off during frying..
- In hot oil, maybe medium to medium high heat, do not get to hot or to cool just to where you test it, it should start frying right away but not super hot..
- Take a couple of chops if pan in large enough to hold 2, carefully place chops into heated oil. If deep frying, you may have to flip, just keep an eye out to see when it is golden brown..
- If using skillet, fry on one side until golden brown and flip..
- Drain on cooling rack or paper towels to get rid of excess oil. May add more seasoning to taste when first out of oil..
- Repeat until all chops are cooked. Can be kept warm in 200°F oven until all are cooked or when your ready to serve..
- Serve with your choice of sides. Boneless ones are great on buttermilk biscuits for breakfast. If you have leftovers :).
Gently rinse pork chops, and pat dry with paper towels. Place pork chops on a large plate, and sprinkle liberally with seasoning mixture. Stack pork chops, and cover with plastic wrap. Southern Fried Pork Chops Recipe: You'll need these ingredients. … We'll begin by making a breader for our pork chops. Using a medium sized mixing bowl or similar container, add one cup of flour.