You can have Mysore Pak using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mysore Pak
- Prepare 1 cup of gram flour.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Water just to immerse the sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
Mysore Pak instructions
- Pre steps: Keep all the ingredients ready including water. Grease the tray with ghee. Melt the ghee and keep it in hot water, so that it won’t get solidified throughout the process..
- Now start the process. Fry gram flour in medium flame for 3 to 5 mins until you get the aroma..
- Filter it and add it to the oil little by little. Keep stirring using a whisk until it gets mixed well without lumps..
- Now make the sugar syrup. In a wide pan, add sugar and water. Water should just immerse the sugar. Switch on the stove now and keep it in medium flame. Do not stir and wait until the sugar gets dissolved in water and starts boiling. Then reduce the flame, stir it often until it reaches one stringy consistency..
- Now add gram flour mixture to the syrup little by little and keep stirring until the it's mixed well. Maintain low flame heat..
- Add ghee little by little and keep stirring. At one stage ghee oozes out and the mixture leaves the pan. Switch off the flame and transfer it to the tray immediately. Level the top by a greased spoon..
- Leave it aside for 15 mins. Then cut into pieces. Leave it until it gets cooled completely. Store it in a airtight container..