Vegetarian Stuffed Shells. Recommended Video Stuffed-shells don't have to be a weekend project. This one-pan, stovetop-only version turns mushroom-and-spinach stuffed shells into an easy weeknight dinner. Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Shells are always a hit at our dinner table!
These freezer friendly stuffed shells have come in handy at our house a few times in the last two months. Cook pasta in large pot of salted boiling water, drain and cool on baking sheet as box directs. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. You can cook Vegetarian Stuffed Shells using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Stuffed Shells
- Prepare 1 box of Jumbo or Extra Large Stuffed shells.
- It’s 24 oz of Three Cheese Pasta Sauce.
- Prepare 3 cup of String Beans.
- Prepare 3 cup of Carrots.
- It’s 3 cup of Green peas.
- It’s 3 cup of Sweet corn.
- It’s 1 of Onion (minced or chopped fine).
- Prepare 1 of Garlic clove (minced or chopped fine).
- You need 2/3 cup of Italian Salad Dressing.
- You need 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning blend.
In this spinach and ricotta stuffed shells recipe, we combine quick sauteed spinach with creamy ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, all tucked in to extra-large pasta shells and baked to bubbly goodness. The result is a healthy and hearty baked pasta dish that makes for a crowd-pleasing vegetarian meal. Delicious, vegetarian easy stuffed ricotta cheese & spinach filled shells make a mouthwatering weekend meal or a main dish for a party. Believe it or not, I was able to reduce the fat, and it still came out delicious.
Vegetarian Stuffed Shells instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Start a slow boil in a medium pot for the shells adding a pinch of salt for retained shape..
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a medium sized sauce pan..
- Add in each of the vegetables and a small dash of water. Add in Italian seasoning and simmer for about 5 minutes..
- After the vegetables soften a little add in the dressing and let it boil slightly. Remove from heat once a steady boil is accomplished..
- Line aluminum pan or baking dish wish the pasta sauce in a very thin layer. Place the shells on the sauce (opening towards you) and spread them with your fingers..
- Add the ingredients to the shells with a layer of pasta sauce, sautéed vegetables, and a dash more of sauce and top with cheese..
- Bake in oven on 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts completely..
- Last step as usual is to ENJOYYY!.
The stuffed shells were easier to make than I anticipated, and they were a HUGE hit with my fam! I doubled the recipe to make sure my hungry husband and brother had enough to eat, and I used ALL the pizza sauce (more than the recipe called for) underneath the shells. Stuffed shells make a perfect choice for your next dinner. Grab one of these recipes and delight your family tonight. Cook pasta shells according to package directions.