Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my).
You can cook Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my)
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, minced.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 stalks of green onion, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 36 pcs of thin wanton wrappers.
- Prepare of Lemon.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
Filipino Street Style Pork Siomai (SHO-my) step by step
- Mix all ingredients, except wanton wrappers, in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavor set in..
- When ready to cook, heat enough water in a pot. Then make sure to brush surface of steamer with a bit of oil or butter to prevent siomai from sticking to it..
- Wrap the siomai: Hold a wrapper flat on one palm and scoop 1 Tbsp of siomai filling with the other hand, placing it on the middle of the wrapper. Fold the sides to cover the filling well..
- Arrange the wrapped siomai on the buttered/oiled steamer and steam on the boiling pot of water for 18 minutes. (My steamer was kind of small and I was able to steam only 12-14 pieces at a time… so I steamed 3 batches in total.).
- After 18 minutes, siomai is ready to enjoy with lemon juice and soysauce for dipping..