Skillet Shrimp Fajitas. Peppers, onions and fajita spiced shrimp are all cooked in one skillet for an easy dinner. I've always been a believer in moderation in all things. HOW TO COOK FAJITAS IN A SKILLET This recipe works great in either a skillet or over a hot grill.
Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables first and cook them for five to six minutes, until they are almost cooked. Skillet Shrimp Fajitas are super easy to put together and bursting with flavour. You can have Skillet Shrimp Fajitas using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
- It’s 450 grams of shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper sliced.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper sliced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper sliced.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 of fresh lime.
Made with a homemade fajita seasoning and wrapped in tortillas, these quick shrimp fajitas are the perfect weeknight meal!. This is Richa from My Food Story and clearly I'm not over my Mexican binge yet. After last month's Chicken Taco Soup, I'm bringing to you these. Use a large skillet so the pan is not crowded.
Skillet Shrimp Fajitas step by step
- Mix together all of your seasoning and using half of the mix, season your shrimp and set aside.
- While shrimp is kickin' it with the seasoning, slice up all your veg..
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook your shrimp on medium-high heat until cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook for 3-5 min. (We're adding the onions first because we want them to be soft but still have a bite to them, but we definitely want the veg to retain its crunch/bite and freshness..
- Add your peppers to the pan and mix together with onions, add the remaining seasoning to the pan. Cook until peppers are done to your liking (again, I prefer crisp, but you do you)- this is supposed to be simple afterall.
- Add your shrimp back to the pan, mix and squeeze the juice of 1 lime over everything and DONE! Enjoy!.
Have all ingredients ready to go before you start cooking, these skillet shrimp fajitas only take a few minutes to cook. Pat shrimp and veggies dry before cooking. This classic meal is perfect served up in tortillas with avocado and chopped cilantro! My life is all about the easy meals lately. The shrimp get tossed in Mexican spices, cilantro and some hot sauce for a spicy kick.