Gram flour fried potatoe. The Best Gram Flour Bread Recipes on Yummly Add water until consistency of cake batter and mix well. Chop potatoes skinned about thickness of a quarter.
The batter should be thick enough to coat the potatoes nicely but not too thick. See great recipes for Chickpea flour porridge/besan ka halwa 🥣 too! I've given up on trying to stay on the healthy side when attempting to make sweet potato fries. You can have Gram flour fried potatoe using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gram flour fried potatoe
- It’s 1 cup of gram flour besan.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Have tried soaking them before baking and they still turn out soggy. Even deep fried them and all the fries got clumped together. Someone mentioned on another post to dust them with flour to make them crispy before deep frying. Besan is basically flour made from chana dal aka bengal gram.
Gram flour fried potatoe instructions
- Add water until consistency of cake batter and mix well.
- Chop potatoes skinned about thickness of a quarter.
- Heat about 1 and 1/2 cups of oil in a deep fryer or wok.
- Take potatoes coat them in batter and put i n oil to fry.
- 2 mins each side until golden brown.
- Serve with milk tea and tamarind chutney.
Usually besan is often used to make a variety of Pakoras in Indian cuisine. But apart from pakoras, there are some recipes which exclusively use besan as one of the main ingredient. Pour egg/beer mixture into the flour mixture and stir until well blended and the batter is smooth. Drain the sliced potatoes and shake off any excess water. Dredge the potato slices in the flour to coat all sides.