Creamy chicken and rice soup. This soup is a new flavor to me. I've never made a wild rice soup so I figured it was about time. I chose to go with the creamy version because we all know a little cream makes nearly everything better, right?
I came up with this creamy chicken rice soup recipe while making some adjustments to a favorite stovetop chicken casserole. We like this soup for lunch with a crisp roll and fresh fruit. —Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado. Looking for the best Panera cream of chicken soup? You can cook Creamy chicken and rice soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken and rice soup
- You need 2 of large chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 of Carrots cut into small cubes.
- It’s 1 of small onion dices.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth or 6 cups water and 8 chicken bullion cubes.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tbs of oil.
- You need 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of rice uncooked.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour mixed with 1/4 cup of milk.
Delicious and you can also use Swanson's Chicken a la King. It comes in cans and we add Cream of Chicken soup a couple of cans of chicken and serve it over rice. Quick and easy pressure cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a creamy soup that's loaded with chicken, two kinds of rice, carrots, onion, and celery. A while back, I spent two days at the Salt Lake City.
Creamy chicken and rice soup step by step
- Cook chicken breast until long longer pink in middle. Shred into small pieces.
- Put oil, onions and carrots in large pot. Cook until onions are soft..
- Add in shedded chicken, broth or bullion cubes and water. Bring to a boil the simmer for 15 min..
- Add in milk, cream cheese, peas and rice. Turn up to medium heat and stir until cream cheese melts..
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup of milk and add to pot simmer again for 15 min..
- Add in salt and pepper to taste. Once rice is soft enjoy..
Home » Main Dish » Chicken » Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Add onion, carrots and celery and sauté until slightly tender. Whenever I'm in need of a nourishing, soothing meal, I turn to this creamy chicken and rice soup. Although noodles tend to get all the attention, I actually prefer my chicken soup flecked. Cozying up to a bowl of this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup on a cold, winter day will warm you right up!