Crispy Onion Strings. Canola oil, for frying Onion Strings This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I know they don't look it, but these teeny tiny, thinly-sliced fried onions are so pleasantly flavorful and crisp, and such an utterly perfect accompaniment for so many different main courses, they really need to be placed on some list of Culinary Triumphs of All Time. Crispy deep fried onions are one of my favorites to add to BBQ Burgers and they are totally quick and easy to make at home!
A perfect topping for salads, burgers and more! The first colds of the season have hit our house and I'm doing everything I can to avoid getting what everyone else has. This recipe produces tasty and crispy thin onion rings. You can cook Crispy Onion Strings using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Onion Strings
- Prepare 1 large of onion (sweet Vidalia or yellow).
- You need 2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of Peanut oil for frying.
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I know they don't look it, but these teeny tiny, thinly-sliced fried onions are so pleasantly flavorful and crisp, and such an utterly perfect accompaniment for so many different main courses, they really need. Combine flour, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and set aside. These easy Crispy Onion Strings are the perfect topping for sandwiches, salads, and soups….or delicious all on their own!
Crispy Onion Strings step by step
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a dish and cover with buttermilk. Gently stir to separate the onion slices into individual rings. Let sit for one hour..
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside..
- With a fork, scoop out a bunch of onions from the buttermilk allowing excess to drain some. Toss them into the flour mixture and shake the container around to coat well. With your hand, scoop the onions out of the flour and shake off excess. Set coated onions on a dinner plate, and continue coating the remaining onions..
- While the prepared onions rest, heat oil to 375°F. Use of deep-fryer is recommended, but you can use a large saucepan..
- Carefully place coated onions into hot oil. Do not over-crowd! You may have to fry in 2 or 3 batches. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes–keep an eye on them!–and remove as soon as golden brown. Place on a paper towel lined dish to drain..
- Yes, one onion made all these onion strings!.
- Adds a great crunch to a hot sandwich, or munch them by themselves! These extra-crispy treats are an ingredient on my "Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke" sandwich. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361320-saucy-cherry-pig-in-a-poke.
- If you like the crispy onion strings, give my Onion Pups a try. My granddaughter (who claims to hate onions) wants to snack on Onion Pups every night. A family favorite snack! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348769-onion-pups.
We have an interesting thing going on around here. As it turns out, Myla has aContinue Reading. The easiest homemade recipe for French Fried Onion Strings you will make over and over again. The onion is cut into thin slices then dipped into a seasoned batter and fried until crispy, so flavorful and addictive. Serve the onion rings as an appetizer or over this popular BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad for the perfect finish!