Eggplant Pork Torta (Tortang Talong with Giniling). The ground pork mixture (giniling) is simply made by sautéing garlic, onion, and tomato with the ground pork. Season it with salt and pepper towards the end. Initially cook the eggplant the same way we do when making tortang talong.
This tortang talong with beef giniling will definitely will bring your tortang talong to the next level. This recipe only requires a piece of eggplant and egg along with salt and ground black pepper. Tortang talong, also known as eggplant omelette, is a Filipino omelette made by pan-frying grilled whole eggplants dipped in an egg mixture. You can cook Eggplant Pork Torta (Tortang Talong with Giniling) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Pork Torta (Tortang Talong with Giniling)
- Prepare 3 piece of eggplants.
- You need 1/4 kg of ground pork.
- It’s 3 medium of eggs.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 medium of potato, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of water.
It is a popular breakfast and lunch meal in the Philippines. A common variant of tortang talong is rellenong talong, which is stuffed with meat, seafood, and/or vegetables. Tortang Giniling na Baboy is a Filipino Ground Pork Omelet Dish. This video shows the detailed basic steps on how to cook this dish from scratch.
Eggplant Pork Torta (Tortang Talong with Giniling) instructions
- Cook whole eggplant in a pan with boiling water. Remove when cook..
- Spread the eggplant on a plate using a fork to expose its inside layers (looks like a fan). Set aside to cool..
- On another pan, with vegetable oil, stir fry onions, garlic, potatoes and grounded pork. Season to taste with soy souce and salt. Remove from pan when cooked and let cool..
- Beat eggs in a bowl and mix in the ground pork dish. Mix egg and pork well..
- In a pan, add generous amount of vegetable oil for deep frying. Let it on medium heat..
- Cover the spread eggplants with the egg/pork mixture and carefully fry into your pan. This will be great if you have a deep fryer..
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or Bagoong..
Other grounds meats such as beef, chicken, or. Potatoes can be added as well when making them or just make it plain. Easy, delicious and fits the budget. Tortang Giniling Recipe Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Tortang Giniling or Ground Meat Omelet is a type of Filipino omelet wherein ground meat (beef and pork being the most common) is sautéed with vegetables such as garlic, onions, and tomatoes then mixed directly with beaten eggs. Tortang talong is a type of or eggplant omelet wherein grilled eggplants are soaked in a beaten egg mixture and then fried.