Faux "mozzarella" sticks. Faux "mozzarella" sticks Vegetarian/vegan appetizer or snack. Either way, very tasty and easy. These baked mozzarella sticks are what I like to make on a movie night or when I have friends over for drinks.
When he was a just a toddler and we'd go out to supper at a restaurant, I could always depend on him wanting to have fried cheese sticks with his meal. See great recipes for Faux "mozzarella" sticks too! Once you've made the spice blend, it's actually really fast and easy to make the actual mozzarella cheese sticks. You can cook Faux "mozzarella" sticks using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Faux "mozzarella" sticks
- It’s of brick of firm tofu.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, nutritional yeast.
The secret ingredient is using string cheese sticks instead of spending a lot of time trying to shape the mozzarella into a stick. Setting up an assembly line is the best way to get the mozzarella sticks coated in batter. Put flour into shallow dish and dredge the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off the excess. One by one, dip in the beaten egg, coating completely, and then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
Faux "mozzarella" sticks instructions
- Press tofu to remove excess liquid.
- Cut the brick in half along the short side. Store the other half in a freezer bag for another meal. Cut remaining half lengthwise so that you'll have to equal sheets. Cut Into strips that resemble mozzarella sticks (8-10) Not too thin or thick. Season two sides with garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, and nutritional yeast..
- Put the flour into a shallow dish. Mix with garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, and nutritional yeast. Put tofu strips into flour mixture and cover all sides. Remove from the flour..
- Add water to the remaining flour until it looks like thin pancake mix. Add the bread crumbs to a shallow dish. Coat the seasoned tofu strips in the wet mix the toss in the bread crumbs..
- Immediately place the coated strips on a greased cookie sheet, if baking. If frying, place in a plate until you are ready to fry..
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes then turn and bake for another 10 minutes.make sure you monitor them the second 10 minutes to make sure they don't burn. Bake longer if they aren't crispy enough. It all depends on your oven..
- If frying, make sure the oil is at 350 degrees and only fry for a few minutes while watching them closely. They will get too dark and/or burn. Remove from the oil and place on a rack to drain..
Place flour in one bowl and egg in a second bowl. In a third bowl, add bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and whisk to combine. Mix the flaxseeds and water in a shallow dish, then set aside. Cut the vegan mozzarella into small, even square strips. Using one hand, roll the floured cheese sticks in the egg mixture.