Egg topped southern fried cabbage. Egg topped southern fried cabbage OK. So southern fried cabbage might be a hard sell for some. But I think anything with bacon in it can be topped with an egg..
Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. While the noodles cook, melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the cabbage to the melted butter; season with salt and pepper. You can cook Egg topped southern fried cabbage using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg topped southern fried cabbage
- It’s 1 of Duck Egg (or chicken etc).
- It’s 1 slice of Bacon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee (or grass-fed butter).
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 1/4 head of cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ACV.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Low carb cabbage and bacon stir fry! So southern fried cabbage might be a hard sell for some. But I think anything with bacon in it can be topped with an egg.
Egg topped southern fried cabbage instructions
- Cut bacon and fry in cast iron skillet with extra bacon fat..
- Add onions and ghee/butter to skillet, and let the onions brown..
- Add chopped or shredded cabbage to skillet and stir around. Cover and let cook 20 minutes or until soft..
- Add raw apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to plate..
- Cook egg in desired fashion to top cabbage. I prefer crispy fried egg in olive oil..
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Once hot, turn off heat. Crack egg in skillet. With spoon, ladle hot oil over uncooked areas. When edges are crispy, transfer egg to plate.
And anything topped with an egg is breakfast. And if it is a duck egg, then it is FANCY breakfast. Southern Fried Cabbage is so simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!. One of my mother's old stand-by side dishes was egg noodles or elbow macaroni cooked then fried with chopped onion, turning and stirring occasionally, until the.