Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili. Prepared as a vegetarian meal or with lean ground beef or turkey, the protein content will continue to remain high even in the absence of meat. Because beans are loaded with not only protein but with fiber. Come to a pleasant aroma with this high-protein slow cooker chili.
If you are on a high fiber diet this is the collection for you! This Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili is a staple recipe in our family! It's a super easy healthy chili recipe – just dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker, set it and forget it, and in a few hours you'll have a delicious meal to warm you up from the inside out! You can cook Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili
- Prepare 1 cup of Organic Quinoa.
- Prepare 1 large of White Onion, Chopped.
- You need 2 of Green Bell Pepper, Chopped.
- You need 5 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of (14.5 oz) Organic Diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 can of (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz Chickpeas, drained and rised.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of Organic Vegetable Broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Chipotle powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Indian Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
Black Bean and Lentil Chili (Low Sodium, High Protein and Fiber) I was trying to make chili with what I had in the fridge and this is what I came up with and it actually turned out really well (my boyfriend loved it!). It's also low in sodium and has high protein and fiber. We've rounded up a few of our favorite ways to cook high-protein meals in this kitchen miracle worker. This slow cooker vegetarian chili uses beans and quinoa for a high-protein plant-based meal.
Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add Onions, Bell Peppers, Carrots and sauté for 10 minutes..
- Add Cayenne powder, cumin, black pepper, chipotle powder, ginger, Indian Paprika, stir in for 3 minutes..
- In slow cooker, add diced tomatoes, black beans, chickpeas, 1 cup Quinoa and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Stir to combine..
- Add sautéed Vegetables to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours..
- Reduce slow cooker to warm and place 2 cups of chili into a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute until smooth..
- return puree to slow cooker and stir in to combine..
- Optional ::: garnish with Parsley flakes and serve.
Easy to make, packed with flavor – you'll never miss the meat! This chili is a quick and easy vegan recipe that feeds a crowd. It gets both its protein and its thickness from quinoa, and you can load it up with your favorite toppings like avocado, cilantro, green and red onions, and freeze any leftovers for another meal. I made a BIG BATCH, so that I could freeze some!!! High Fiber/Slow Cooker ideas & recipes like Slow Cooker Fiesta Black Bean Soup, Slow Cooker: Easy Taco Soup, Easy Crock Pot Chili, Mexican Slow Cooker Chicken with directions, reviews, ratings & nutrition information from SparkRecipes.com.