Egg rolls. Check Out Best Egg Rolls On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you.
Egg Roll Recipes Looking for egg roll recipes?. Here's a unique recipe for a deconstructed egg roll – think egg roll ingredients without the fried wrapper – that is served simply in a bowl. By Cara; Jan's Simple and Tasty Egg Rolls. You can cook Egg rolls using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg rolls
- It’s 1 lb of Jimmy dean maple sausage (regular is fine too).
- It’s 1 head of small cabbage.
- It’s 1 of segment bean thread (4 come in a package).
- Prepare 1 large of carrot (found in bulk area).
- You need 1 of package fresh bean sprouts.
- You need 1 packages of egg roll wraps.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of vegetable oil (for frying).
- Prepare of sweet and sour sauce (optional).
Homemade egg rolls with shrimp, coleslaw mix, and garlic are great as an appetizer, side dish, or after school. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil. The dish is served warm, and is usually eaten with the fingers, dipped in duck sauce, soy sauce, plum sauce, or hot mustard, often from a.
Egg rolls step by step
- Dice the carrot up or shred it, and cut the cabbage up well. You could also just use a bag of coleslaw mix, but I like to cut my own up..
- Add the sausage to a large skillet or large pot (I prefer a skillet). Get it frying being sure to break the meat up well with you cooking utensil, you don't want big lumps..
- When the meat is almost cooked through, and the cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts and some soy sauce and let cook down until veggies are tender but not mushy..
- Put sausage mix in a colander to drain out any excess liquid..
- While that is draining and cooling boil some water in a sauce pan, add the bean thread and remove from heat. Check them in a couple minutes, they should be done..
- Drain the bean thread as well and let cool until you can handle it. Cut bean thread up and add to sausage mixture and mix well..
- Place oil in a skillet or deep fryer over medium high heat. Be sure not to get it to hot or cool..
- While the oil is coming to temp, place some meat mixture in an egg roll wrapper and wrap it up. There will be a diagram showing you how to do that on the package..
- By the time your done rolling the egg rolls your oil will be ready. Fry until golden on each side. Place some paper towel in a large bowl. Place the egg rolls around the bowl standing up so any excess oil can drain..
- Let cook just a few minutes serve with sweet and sour sauce and your favorite main dish and enjoy!.
Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once. Fold in right and left points. Brush beaten egg on top point. Set aside and repeat with remaining filling. Ingredients in this Easy Egg Roll Recipe.