Fresh Homemade French Fries-Husbands Recipe. Homemade french fries are crazy delicious. The best fries are double-fried, first at a lower temperature to cook them through, then again in hotter oil to crisp them up to golden perfection. This recipe is very flexible—you can make as many or as few fries as you like.
Now even my husband can't get enough of these French fries. They even stay crispy when you reheat in the microwave. Taisen's husband's fried kielbasa and potatoes. You can have Fresh Homemade French Fries-Husbands Recipe using 1 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Homemade French Fries-Husbands Recipe
- Prepare 1 of Several Russet Potatoes-washed and sliced thin.
I was trying to think of something quick to make that my husband would be ok with eating and that wouldn't be to bad with his diet. This isn't exactly a great diet food but it filled him up. Making restaurant quality fries at home is possible with the Philips Airfryer. One tablespoon of oil and some potatoes is all you need to make these.
Fresh Homemade French Fries-Husbands Recipe step by step
- Place Sliced potatoes in bowl of cold water for 30 minutes to 1 hr.
- Preheat deep fryer to 325°F. Place 2 generous handfuls of potatoes in fryer basket and fry for 5 mins. Take out and place in bowl with paper towel to drain excess oil..
- Repeat 2nd step till all pototes are done..
- Raise heat to 350°F. Take sliced deep fried potatoes and place back in deep fryer for 2 mins. This step is important. This step makes fries crispy. Gives potatoes a time to rest. (I have no idea why he does this but they turn out AWESOME).
- Dump crispy fries in bowl and toss with salt and serve..
Coat cut potatoes with oil, place in the basket, and set the timer. Homemade french fries are easier to make than you might think—and the results are better than you can imagine. We're here to show you how to make french fries in the oven, in an air fryer, or the classic way: deep-fried in oil. No matter which method you choose, you're just a handful of ingredients and minutes away from a satisfying, go-with-everything side dish. In a very large bowl, combine hot water, white sugar, salt and shortening.