Vegetarian Spinach Curry. Stir and increase the heat, bringing the curry to the boil, then reduce the temperature to maintain bubbling away at a lively simmer. Simmer vigorously (a high simmer, nearly boiling) for ten minutes (make sure to stir often so the curry doesn't stick and burn) and then add the frozen or fresh spinach, sugar, salt, and simmer for a further five minutes. Why this recipe for Sag Bahji (Spinach Curry) works: This vegetarian curry is quick and easy to make and ready in just ten minutes!
Delicious, healthy potatoes with the skin on, fresh nutritious spinach leaves and flavoursome spices – this saag aloo, or potato and spinach curry is one of my favourite dinners. What to serve with this curry. Because potatoes are naturally filling you could serve this saag aloo on its own. You can have Vegetarian Spinach Curry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Spinach Curry
- Prepare 1 cup of Medium Onion, Chopped.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry Powder(hot).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Indian Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmenic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of 14.5 oz can of Organic Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 10 oz of of fresh baby Spinach.
- Prepare 1 of 15 oz can of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of Vegetable broth.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
However, it goes well with both rice and chapatis as well. This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so delicious and comforting, just as a curry should be. I loved the addition of the spinach. I loved the addition of the spinach.
Vegetarian Spinach Curry instructions
- In a nonstick skillet, cook onion,garlic until brown for 3-5 minutes.
- add curry,paprika,turmeric, cumin,salt and pepper. stir in mixture..
- Stir in diced tomatoes, spinach and 1 cup of chickpeas.
- In a blender, combine the vegetable broth and remaining chickpeas..
- Stir mixture into skillet and heat for 10 minutes and let simmer for 5 additional minutes..
- Optional Balsamic Brown rice for side dish.
I did add a little bit of coconut sugar towards the end to really hit those spicy notes. Put the onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes in a food processor or blender and whizz to a purée. Heat oil in a large pan. Add the spices, fry for a few secs and add purée and yeast extract. This is a simple spinach curry, cooked with milk and has a delicious unique taste.