Chinese yam spareribs soup. This easy to make Chinese yam and spareribs soup shares many similarities with the pig trotter soup I made to cure my cold last December. As I mentioned last time, both goji berry and Chinese yam are thought to have incredible medical use in Chinese cooking. Chinese yam is used widely in all kinds of Chinese dishes.
Chinese yam soup with different meats and other Chinese herbs can improve digestion, helps reduce inflammation and regulate blood sugar. Dried Chinese yam is known as 淮山 (huai shan) while the fresh version is known as 山药 (shan yao). See more ideas about Yams, Recipes, Food. You can cook Chinese yam spareribs soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese yam spareribs soup
- Prepare 1 lb. of Spareribs.
- It’s 1 lb. of Chinese Yam (Yamaimo).
- Prepare 10 g of Ginger.
- Prepare 30 g of Wolfberry.
- You need of Some Salt.
Bean curd and meatballs soup with daikon. A delicious quick soup recipe for busy days. Dried bean curd stick (also known as foo chook in Cantonese) may not sound very appealing but it is so delicious and widely used in Chinese cuisine. Blanch pork ribs in a small pot of boiling water to remove scum.
Chinese yam spareribs soup step by step
- Peel Chinese yam: (remember to wear a rubber glove! If you do it like me, your hands will feel super itchy!) Brush off the roots with scrubs. Change the water to half water half vinegar, peel then cut into bite size..
- Boil the spareribs to get rid of the extra blood and fat..
- Panfry spareribs and ginger for a little and then add water, bring to boil. Lower the heat to simmer for 20 mins..
- Add Chinese yam, Wolfberry and salt, bring to boil. Lower the heat and cook for another 5 mins..
- Ready to serve! Enjoy! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more simple and delicious recipes! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Fgle9gk5Jh7lB1lq8XOMw.
Remove pork ribs from pot and set aside. Season with salt to taste and serve hot. Daikon Radish Soup helps to clear heat and detoxify the body. It neutralizes toxins, stimulates weight loss, aids digestion and reduces inflammation. Daikon (白萝卜) is a root vegetable that looks similar to carrots but it is white in colour.