Apple Fritters. Get Apple Fritters Recipe from Food Network. Dust with powdered sugar or dip in a doughnut glaze for a yummy breakfast treat or snack. Apple Fritters are luscious deep fried donuts filled with apples, cinnamon and drizzled with an easy three ingredient glaze.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is the cinnamon swirl. This is an old Southern apple fritter recipe. When we got home from a trip through the South years ago, I found the recipe among the brochures I brought back. You can cook Apple Fritters using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Fritters
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of to 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of egg- beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk and 1 Tablespoon.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of peeled – diced apples ( about 3 ).
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
The cafe takes pride as being a small business that is locally owned and operated. Best served warm, these fragrant, golden Apple Fritters are by turns tender, crisp, and fruity. A simpler (no-yeast) alternative to sufganiyot—the traditional jam-filled Jewish doughnut served during Hanukkah —the fritters are studded with diced sweet apples and generously dusted with confectioners' sugar. Be forewarned: They can be addictively delicious.
Apple Fritters step by step
- Heat oil in a deep fryer. ( I Just used heavy pot).
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl with a wire whisk.Add egg & milk to dry ingredients. Mix well..
- Add Apples to the batter & blend together. Drop by spoonfuls & fry until golden brown. ( I used a #20 scoop). About 2 minutes per side..
- Drain on a paper towels. Let cool slightly. Mix glaze ingredients together. Dunk them in Glaze. Let them drain on a wire rack. With a piece of wax paper underneath to catch drips..
Apple Fritters made with a cakey batter incorporated with juicy apples are the ultimate homemade treat! The sweet glaze sends these fritters over the top and may even remind you of a stuffed funnel cake. Make sure that your oil temperature comes back to the right. This recipe incorporates fresh, tart-sweet baking apples cooked in butter and cinnamon. They're lightly embedded in the rich dough for our Basic Yeast Donuts, fried, and drizzled with a delicious maple-syrup glaze.