Cubed Steak. Dry-aged, pasture-raised & full of flavor. Cube Steak is a tenderized beef steak seared in beef broth, onion and garlic powder then made with the BEST Mushroom Gravy. Sometimes I just need to cook some beef and steak is one of my favorites!
These steaks are fork tender, savory, and delicious (and easy too)! This cubed steak recipe was one of the first dishes I shared here, and boy do we love it. I love to experiment with different ways to cook meat. You can have Cubed Steak using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cubed Steak
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Seasoning Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 of Vegetable Oil.
This is the best way I found to make cube steak. Make your onions FIRST: Here is a quick tutorial on how to make either Fried (aka quick) or Caramelized (aka slow) Onions. Both are great on top of this steak – make what you have time for! Make sure to pat the cube steaks dry with paper towels to remove moisture.
Cubed Steak step by step
- Rinse your cube steaks off and pat them so they won't be soaked with water..
- I coat both sides with my dry ingredients such as it's a tablespoon to each side..
- Now it's time for you to coat with your flour..
- This time I chose to use my deep fryer instead of my skillet..
- Time for Cooking and Browning.
- I made biscuits as well then turned these into little cube steak sliders..
This will help the meat sear and get a good crust. Cube steak, sometimes labeled as cubed steak or minute steak, is an inexpensive, flavorful cut of beef that's pre-tenderized. It's taken from the top or bottom round — a tough portion near. The Best Cube Steak Recipes on Yummly Berdean's Cube Steak, Onion Mushroom Cube Steak, Fork Tender Cube Steaks In Gravy Cube Steak is as tender as can be and irresistible when smothered in a quick gravy made from onion soup mix—easy, simple, and hearty.