Home Made Onion Rings. Onion rings are great as a side dish but you can also put them on hamburgers, hot dogs or more! For a delicious smoked burger recipe, check this out. What Kind Of Onion Should You Use To Make Onion Rings.
Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Next, while those are soaking, combine flour, salt, baking powder, egg, milk, and vegetable oil to make the batter. Taste of Home has the best onion rings recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. You can have Home Made Onion Rings using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Home Made Onion Rings
- You need 2 large of yellow or sweet onions.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of season salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
Crispy Fried Onion Rings I use this onion rings recipe as a burger topper to add an extra element to already-fantastic burgers. Transfer fried onion rings to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Coat a small batch of onion rings in batter. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of kitchen towel to drain.
Home Made Onion Rings step by step
- Cut stem and root end from onions then remove skin of outer layer. Cut onion into ½" thick slices..
- Separate slices into individual rings then place in a large bowl..
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and seasoned salt until completely combined..
- Add beaten egg and milk to bowl of seasoned flour then whisk until smooth..
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a large plate..
- Dip each onion ring into flour batter, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge in breadcrumbs, coating completely, then place on platter..
- Add canola or vegetable oil to a deep fryer or large skillet deep enough to cover onion rings then heat to 350° or on medium high heat..
- Carefully place onion rings in the hot oil and fry until lightly golden brown on each side, about 2–3 minutes total..
- Sprinkle with salt then serve while piping hot and crunchy..
Repeat with the remaining onion and batter. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Many onion rings I have had just do not come up to standards. In light of this, I decided to make my own recipe. Believe me, these onion rings are super crispy and delicious.