Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp. Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp are fried with a tempura batter and quickly tossed in a honey sauce and sweetened walnuts. Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp has been long overdue on the blog. Crispy, sweet and savory, these tempura battered shrimps are the perfectly balanced shrimp dish and the crunchy sweetened walnuts add a wonderful texture.
Place the walnuts in a saucepan with water and sugar. Cook over medium to medium-high heat until the sugar begins to brown. We are still going strong with our Panda Express dinners lately including this delicious Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp Copycat recipe! You can have Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- You need 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Walnuts.
- It’s 1 lb of Cooked Shrimp Peeled & Deveined.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 cup of Cornstarch.
The wok fried shrimp turns out beautifully tender when made at home, making this tasty homemade dish so much better than the original. Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp – Crispy oven-baked shrimp and candied walnuts tossed in a sweet, sauce. A fabulous Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp takeout made at home (copycat) version to enjoy any night of the week! It's easy and so very tasty!
Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp instructions
- Chop up walnuts then bring sugar water (simple syrup) to a boil then add in all of your walnuts that you already chopped up..
- While your walnuts are cooking heat up your oil and while your oil is heating up put your cornstarch in a small bowl and add a teaspoon of salt and pepper to the cornstarch..
- Take off the tails of your shrimp then lightly dredge them in your cornstarch mixture you've already prepared.
- Add them to you oil which should be set at •375 F I also you my deep fryer and drop 5 in at a time so it doesn't crowd the shrimp and set your timer to 1 minute and they will come out perfect..
- Now while your frying your shrimp you can make the sauce add your mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, and your honey together and wait until you've fried all of your shrimp.
- Let your shrimp cool, then fold your shrimp in with your sauce and add in your walnuts and fold them in also.
- Your done now I would love to see everyone's amazing honey walnut shrimp 🍤 enjoy 👌🏻.
Visit us on your favorite social media sites. My early attempts at hacking my favorite dish at the massive Chinese food chain all resulted in gummy, soggy beef that was more like a flat dumpling than the delicious crunchy. Additional written nutrition information available upon request. Variations in nutrition values may occur based upon regional and seasonal ingredient differences, packaging differences and menu items being individually hand served. In a small sauce pan mix water and sugar.