My style Shrimp Dynamite. Celebrate mom at Charleston's this #MothersDay. Treat her to her favorite meal paired with a glass of wine, she deserves it! Try this quick and easy shrimp appetizer recipe, guaranteed to please a crowd!
Chang's Copycat Recipe: Dynamite Shrimp/ Bonefish Grill copycat bang bang. Dynamite Shrimp made with battered fried shrimp coated in a spicy mayo sauce is the PERFECT recipe to serve as an appetizer or the main course! We're adding another Asian shrimp dish to our recipe book, along with our favorite Bang Bang Shrimp , Shrimp Tempura , and Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry ! You can have My style Shrimp Dynamite using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My style Shrimp Dynamite
- Prepare of Main.
- Prepare 1 of cabbage shredded or peeled into cups.
- Prepare 1/2 of pot of oil to fry shrimp.
- Prepare 500 grams of shrimps frozen clean devained ( medium to large ).
- Prepare of Shrimp coating.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs of your choice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk added to eggs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of mayonaise.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of wasabi or alternative.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oyster /soy sauce or alternative.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of sriracha sauce or alternative.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rice vinegar or alternative.
- It’s of side dish.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of brown basmati rice steamed or boiled.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetables of your choice.
In my opinion, the best Dynamite Shrimp is made with rock shrimp, as rock shrimp has a nice crisp texture and perfect for this recipe. Anyway, rock shrimp is hard to come by unless you go to some expensive seafood specialty stores. Great recipe for My style Shrimp Dynamite. O:-) place your sauce in a small pot and put on the stove.
My style Shrimp Dynamite instructions
- make sure the shrimps have thawed in water and defrosted. Clean if necessary.
- put the vegetables and rice to boil.
- in 2 separate bowls mix first the dry ingredients and the eggs in another bowl. Add a half cup milk to the egg wash.
- place the shrimp in the dry ingredients make sure all are covered and leave them there.
- in a medium sized bowl mix the sauce ingredients. Taste to make sure its sweet and not missing anything.
- heat up a pot with oil filled half way on low to medium heat. MAKE SURE ITS NOT TOO HOT AS THE SHRIMP WILL BURN.
- take the shrimp from the dry ingredients and put in your egg wash , drench , remove and place back in the dry coating.
- test to see if your oil has heated up, take a piece of coating from the shrimp drop it in. If it immediately floats to the top its ready if not then wait a few more seconds.
- fry the shrimps for 3 minutes on either side or until golden brown on both sides.
- remove and place on kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
- place your sauce in a small pot and put on the stove. Should not need more the 1 minute. Heat the sauce and bring to light boil sauce will change to a caramelised colour..
- remove from stove. Add the shrimp to coat in the sauce.
- serve shrimp on a bed of cabbage or shredded along with the rice and vegetables.
Dynamite shrimp is a yummy recipe made with spice coated flour fried shrimps, covered in a spicy mayo sauce is next to perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or the main course. When you go to a Japanese restaurant, these yummy shrimps are usually as a side dish or an appetizer. It's remarkably easy to make right at home. Aaaandddd I'm back with a bang. Or a dynamite recipe, I should say.