Cajun Boiled Peanuts (Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker). Instant Pot Spicy Boiled Peanuts- A fantastically quick and easy way to make this loved southern snack. Typically boiled peanuts are slow cooked in a large kettle for hours and hours to get them soft. Or they can be made in the crock pot.
Rinse thoroughly; Add the peanuts to the Instant Pot, and cover with all other ingredients plus enough water to cover the peanuts. When they start to rise (since they float), you have enough. One more reason I am obsessed with this device. You can have Cajun Boiled Peanuts (Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker) using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Boiled Peanuts (Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker)
- It’s 2.5 lbs of raw peanuts in the shell.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salt.
- You need 4 tbs of crab boil concentrate.
- It’s 5 of large cloves garlic, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 of habaneros, sliced.
I have made Instant Pot boiled peanuts and Crockpot boiled peanuts. Both are super simple to make, but the Instant Pot version cooks faster. At the recommendation of many readers, I tried Instant Pot Hawaiian boiled peanuts, so then I decided to try making a Cajun version. That's how this Instant Pot Cajun boiled peanuts recipe was born.
Cajun Boiled Peanuts (Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker) step by step
- Place all ingredients into an Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker and cook on High for 1 hr. and let pressure reduce naturally. Keep on “keep warm” for 8 hrs..
- After 8 hrs, open and check the peanuts for your desired consistency. I don’t like them too crunchy but also not mushy. I cooked them on high another 30 minutes and again let the pressure reduce naturally. Presto!.
Pro Tip: A trivet helps to keep the peanuts from floating up above the water. If you want to store the boiled peanuts in the refrigerator for the next day, just pot them into your Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker and cover with water. Southern Boiled Peanuts aren't your ordinary peanuts. These are a lovely, salty treat packed with flavor, are soft to the chew and are just fun to eat. You can make them spicy, zesty, mild.