Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup. Peas can be a side dish, part of an appetizer or a colorful part of a main dish. Even the pickiest pea soup lover will request this time and again. Thick and well-seasoned, it packs a nutritional punch, plus plenty of fiber and protein.
Plus, we've taken a couple more days off work and have spent yesterday hiking through the woods on the lookout for forest blueberries. Add extra water as necessary and skim foam from the surface as needed. This meatless vegan pea and ham soup uses smoked tempeh to replace the meat and is made the traditional way using split peas which gives it a nice thick and creamy texture. You can have Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup
- It’s 1 packages of Celery.
- It’s 1 packages of Vegetarian Sausages.
- It’s 3 can of Garden Peas.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Dried Mixed Herbs.
- It’s 6 large of Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- You need 2 dash of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
This warming hearty homemade soup is the perfect vegan or vegetarian meal for a cold winters day served with a nice fresh piece of crusty bread or crusty croutons. Aloo translates to potato and matar to peas – potatoes and peas, that's what we're cooking today. But in the most delicious manner! This is a simple vegetarian Indian dish originating in the Punjab region of India.
Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup step by step
- Wash and then slice the celery.
- Slice The Sauasages.
- Heat the sausages and oil in a pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery. Heat for a further 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the 2 litres water to the stock cubes..
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes then stir untill dissolved.
- Open and drain the peas. Wash in a colander.
- Add the stock and peas to the pan.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Add dried mixed herbs and crushed garlic.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with a nice big peice of crusty bread and butter :-).
It is made of potatoes and peas in a spicy thick onion tomato gravy. Vegetarian Split Pea Soup Ingredients Obviously there's no ham in here. Instead I seasoned it with a touch of liquid smoke, which is pretty much magic in a bottle when it comes to making meatless things taste smoky, as well as some cumin. Savoury, herby, garlicy, with a touch of bright lemon. This pea pesto fits the usual basil pesto criteria, plus it has the addition of green peas, a little parsley for extra herb-y goodness and it's dairy-free!