Beer battered fish. This is a great beer batter fish recipe, and is very easy to do. We often fish all day with friends, and then cook the fish afterwards out on deck. Gradually mix in one beer until a thin batter is formed.
Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm. Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper and coat the fish in the beer batter. You can cook Beer battered fish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beer battered fish
- Prepare 375 grams of flour.
- It’s 1 can of Blue Ribbon beer.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 250 grams of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic and herb seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 4 tsp of fine grated parmesan.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare 5 of fish fillets.
Pat fish dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt. In two batches, dip fish into batter (gently shaking off excess) and place in oil. Crispy Beer-Battered Fish A local restaurant made a similar breading for shrimp po' boys, but we think this version's better. I serve the beer battered fish with a ranch dressing and hot sauce mixture as a dip.
Beer battered fish instructions
- Pre heat deep fryer to 160°C. Pre heat oven to 140°C..
- Sift flour and salt to taste into a large bowl add beer continuously stir to get a smooth batter. Slowly add the beer as may not need the whole can. Leave to sit with a tea towel covering while sorting next steps..
- Mix 250 grams sifted flour and remaining ingredients to a bowl..
- Cut fish to size you want or leave whole. I cut long ways straight along the middle then through the middle on an angle will make 20 pieces..
- Coat fish in dry flour mix.
- Have oil ready and start coating fish in batter. Use a fork to transfer fish from batter into oil. Fry turning every few minutes once golden and floating remove and place on paper towel.
- Once fried and all been on paper towel to absorb excess oil place in oven on 140°C and let sit for 20mins..
- You dont have to put in oven could just fry in deep fryer for a little longer. I just do it that way so once it is all done and in the oven i can then move on to making salad,chips or whatever you are going to serve it with. And then also the fish has the nice crispy golden color on the outside but the fish is cooked right through. I have done this a few times now and it doesn't dry the fish out at all it is still nice and moist..
Dry cod with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. How to Make Beer Battered Fish. The resting time allows the carbonation in the beer to activate the baking powder for a lighter, crispier batter. Beer Battered Fish is a classic pub food dinner made with fresh cod that's dipped into a batter of flour, eggs, beer, and seasoning, then fried until it's crispy and golden brown on the outside and flaky on the inside. Classic British Beer Battered Fish n Chips!