Homemade Mozzarella Sticks. The Perfect Before-Practice Snack for Kids is Horizon Organic String Cheese. These were delicious and not hard to make. Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
Freezing them before frying is the secret for this recipe. I've always loved the ooey gooey stretchiness of a mozzarella stick, and admit that the frozen boxes of pre-made mozzarella sticks were quite present in my childhood. To make mozzarella sticks, start by cutting mozzarella into small rectangles. You can have Homemade Mozzarella Sticks using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
- It’s of Cheese String (aka. Cheese Sticks) or Cheese Block..
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt and Pepper.
If you want to bake them, dip the frozen sticks in flour, whisked eggs, and then breadcrumbs. Once they are prepared, bake them until the sticks are crisp. If you want crispier mozzarella sticks, consider frying them. Place flour in a shallow dish.
Homemade Mozzarella Sticks instructions
- If your using cheese string (aka. cheese sticks) cut them in half. If you are using a cheese block, cut the cheese into smaller rectangles..
- Set up your 3 sperate cooking stations. 1st) 1 cup of flour. 2nd) Wisk your 2 eggs together. 3rd) Combine 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 cup of breadcrumbs, add salt and pepper to taste..
- Dip your cheese pieces into the flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs, then eggs again, then breadcrumbs again..
- Heat oil in deep pan or deep fryer. Cook until golden brown.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite dip!!.
Whisk eggs and milk in another shallow dish. Mix panko, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, parsley, and thyme in third. You can make mozzarella sticks in your air fryer. And you—and any cheese-loving person you share them with—will be oh-so-happy that you did. Mozzarella sticks are most commonly served with marinara sauce for dipping.