Game Day Teriyaki Wings. Easy Game Day Appetizers & Meals That're Fast-Cooking & Fun To Grill Up In Big Batches. The Best Cookout Classics For A Sunday Game Day Meal Or Finger Foods To Pick On. See great recipes for Game Day Teriyaki Wings too!
A game day hit for my first attempt for a superbowl party. My friends destroyed the wings in a manor of minutes after the first taste. Sweet and savory are the stars here. You can cook Game Day Teriyaki Wings using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Game Day Teriyaki Wings
- Prepare 5 Lbs of Chicken Wings/Wing Dings.
- You need 1 Cup of Ketchup.
- You need 1 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh (Minced) or Jared Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Flour.
- It’s of Seasoning For Chicken.
- You need 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 2 Tsp of Season Salt.
Remove excess moisture from chicken wings with a paper towel. In a large bowl, stir in baking powder and salt until chicken is thoroughly coated. Game day is not complete without chicken wings. Arrange the wings on the rack in a single layer.
Game Day Teriyaki Wings step by step
- Place about half your chicken in a container to be refrigerated later. Mix your garlic powder, black pepper and season salt together in a small bowl and sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Repeat until all chicken is seasoned. Place in the fridge to marinate overnight..
- When your ready to maybe the chicken, begin your sauce first. Take a small pot and add your ketchup, hoisin sauce, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, Brian sugar, ginger, chicken broth and rice wine vinegar and whisk together over low-medium heat. Let it simmer instead of boiling it while you cook your chicken. Whisk periodically.
- To fry your chicken, prepare a large pot or deep fryer with vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat. Take your flour and add it to a zip lock bag. Make another batch of the chicken seasoning and place in to flour and toss until mixed..
- Once your oil is to temp, place your seasoned chicken in the flour mixture, covering all sides, knock off any excess flour and place into oil for 5-6 minutes at 4-5 pieces at a time. Repeat until all chicken is cooked..
- Finally, with your chicken cooked and your sauce completed, place chicken in aluminum tin and pour sauce over chicken. Mix to completely cover chicken. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Tossed in a classic Japanese sauce, these Teriyaki Wings (手羽先の照り焼き) would go hand in hand with many occasions. Think weeknight meal, game day, potluck, birthday party, picnic, friends get-together, and many more! It's pretty much fuss-free and guaranteed deliciousness. Finger-Licking Delicious – Teriyaki Wings In the meantime, make the teriyaki sauce by stirring together all the sauce ingredients into a large pan over medium high heat and bring it to simmer.