Stew Beef and Rice Bowl. Not only is Stew Beef and Rice delicious comfort food to the max, it is oh so easy to make. Begin by lightly browning beef chunks (beef chuck is our preference) on all sides. Add in diced onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring for about five minutes.
If you like this recipe, here are a few of my other favorite supper ideas: Crock Pot Pulled Pork – Perfectly seasoned, tender, juicy pulled pork cooked low and slow in a slow cooker.; Sticky Chicken – Marinated slow-roasted chicken pieces braised in a slightly sweet, tangy sauce.; Fall-Off-The-Bone Baby Back Ribs – Easy, oven-baked ribs cooked low and slow on a bed of onions. This beef and rice stew has a rich flavor with chunks of hearty beef, vegetables and rice it's a satisfying bowl of chow. At first it may seem like there are too many vegetables in proportion to the amount of meat, but the long cooking time causes the veggies to break down and form a thick rich sauce. You can cook Stew Beef and Rice Bowl using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stew Beef and Rice Bowl
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 1-1/4 cup of rice.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 pounds of beef loin.
- You need As needed of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need of Stew.
- You need 1 pound of baby carrots.
- It’s 1/2 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 quart of plus 1 cup beef broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of summer savory.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Thickener.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
While the rice cooks, slice the onions. Slice the beef loin in half, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped scallion and toasted sesame seeds, if using. Print Recipe This colorful rice bowl gets its pretty look from red bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli.
Stew Beef and Rice Bowl step by step
- Melt the butter. Add the rice and coat the rice and fry till lightly browned. Add the salt and water..
- While the rice cooks, slice the onions. Cook till craters form cover and remove from heat undisturbed for 20 minutes..
- Slice the beef loin in half, and season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Sear the beef seasoned side down..
- Season the top of beef. Turn the beef after searing for 4 minutes each side. Turn the beef on it's side and add onion and carrots to the pan..
- Slice the potatoes. Move the beef to a plate. Add the potatoes and beef broth to the carrots..
- Add the mustard powder, savory, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir and simmer 7 minutes. Add the dijon mustard and stir in. Slice the beef..
- Add the beef back into the stew. Mix the flour and broth. Form a paste and pour into the stew..
- Stir well it's going to thicken a bit. Cook for 15 minutes simmering covered. Stir good add in the red wine vinegar. Simmer 20 minutes covered. Serve the gravy over the rice. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
The flavor comes from a combination of orange juice and Asian-style toasted sesame salad dressing. For even more flavor, try marinating chicken in the toasted sesame salad dressing for about an hour before cooking it. Garnish each bowl with a poached egg (if using), sliced scallions, beni-shoga, and togarashi. Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls are so incredibly easy to make and will become a family favorite! This makes the perfect weeknight meal.