Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables. Our family of four can't get enough of it. Bacon adds crispness and a hint of heartiness. Consider it when you need a different main dish or brunch item. —Sandra Thompson, White Hall, Arkansas.
Cajun-seasoned roasted vegetables are a nice change-up from the classic dish and makes for a delightful healthy side dish. You may have the same alligator chasing air boat day dreams as I, wherein there's an old rickety cabin with a weathered white beard overall clad cigar smoking banjo player. Skewer the chicken with the rotisserie rod, and secure with the rotisserie forks. You can cook Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables
- You need 1 of Spring chicken.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 8 of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s of White beans.
- You need of Kale.
- Prepare of Zucchini.
- It’s of Corn.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- You need of Hardboiled Eggs.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
- It’s of Vinho verde (white wine).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chicken bouillon powder.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
Once preheated, pour vegetables in large roasting pan and place pan on the layer below where the grates were. Foil Pack Cajun Chicken and Veggies. By Layla Published in All Recipes. Jump to Recipe Jump to Video Print Recipe.
Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables instructions
- Pre-season chicken with salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, paprika.
- Insert 1/4 onion, 1/2 bay-leaf, 2 cloves of garlic into the chicken, add-in also the chicken bouillon powder.
- After few hours in the fridge, pre-heat the oven (220c) and put in the chicken wrapped in aluminum foil (approx. 1:00hr – 1:30hrs).
- Cut the veggies (in bite size cubes) and boil the eggs.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and bay leaf with olive oil, butter and sprinkle some seasoning (paprika, cajun, b. pepper, salt).
- When the onions start to become translucent, add-in chopped kale, zucchini and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add-in the remaining corn and beans into the pot.
- Pour in vinho verde (high heat), and when the alcohol smell disappears, add-in the chicken stock.
- Cook for a few more minutes until all starts to soften.
- Remove the chicken from the foil and transfer all ingredients to a Pyrex.
- Finish the cooking in the oven (approx. 20 – 30min) until the chicken skin becomes crispy.
These flavorful flavor packs are super healthy and make a delicious low-carb dinner. Cajun Chicken with vegetables is a smokey, flavourful one-skillet meal, with juicy chicken and lots of vegetables. Juicy chicken, tender crispy vegetables and a rustic smokey flavour from the Cajun Seasoning. Re-energize with this mouthwatering, nutrient-packed LiveFit dish! These Vegtable recipes were collected and compiled from Cajun Families located around New Iberia, Louisiana, in the Heart of Cajun Country..